Jaeger-LeCoultre and friends celebrate Cinema at the 75th Venice International Film Festival
- Sarah Gadon and CEO of Jaeger-LeCoultre Catherine Renier awarding David Cronenberg
- Jaeger-LeCoultre dinner at the Venetian Arsenal
- Jaeger-LeCoultre retrospective exhibition of precious timepieces
- CEO of Jaeger-LeCoultre Catherine Renier wearing a Jaeger-LeCoultre 101 Reine white gold
- Actors Henry Cavill, Dakota Fanning and Daniel Brühl
- Dakota Fanning wearing a Jaeger-LeCoultre 101 Feuille in pink gold
- Daniel Brühl and Henry Cavill
- Henry Cavill wearing a Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Chronograph in pink gold
- Milos Bikovic wearing a Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Chronograph
- Stefano Accorsi wearing a Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Memovox
- Ming Dao wearing a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Duoface
- Ming Dao at Venetian Arsenal
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Chronograph Pink Gold_Q9022450
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Date_Q9068670
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Memovox_Q9038670
Venice, 4 September 2018 - Jaeger-LeCoultre, official partner of the Venice International Film Festival for the 14th consecutive year, hosted leading lights from the film industry for dinner at Venetian Arsenal tonight to celebrate the art of filmmaking, while showcasing a retrospective exhibition of 185 years of Jaeger-LeCoultre watchmaking. Guests included David Cronenberg, Henry Cavill, Dakota Fanning, Daniel Brühl, Diego Luna, Stefano Accorsi, Milos Bikovic, Sarah Gadon, Fala Chen and Ming Dao.
Tribute to a legendary filmmaker
Having been instrumental in creating more than 50 films, David Cronenberg will this week receive the Leone d’Oro alla carriera - the Venice International Film Festival’s annual lifetime achievement award, originally introduced in 1969. To pay tribute to his work, CEO of Jaeger-LeCoultre Catherine Rénier and actress Sarah Gadon presented David Cronenberg with a personalised Reverso Leone d’Oro alla carriera, engraved by Jaeger-LeCoultre artisans with a lion, the symbol of Venice.
The 50th anniversary of an icon
2018 marks the 50th anniversary of the Polaris Memovox diving watch famed for its sporty elegance. Friends of Jaeger-LeCoultre Daniel Brühl, Henry Cavill, Diego Luna and Stefano Accorsi all wore watches from the 2018 Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris collection. David Cronenberg wore the Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Date, which closely resembles the original Polaris design from 1968 thanks to its Vanilla Super-LumiNovaTM dial, date at 3 o’clock, mix of Arabic numerals with trapezoid shaped markers, railway track minutes and its caseback engraved with a scuba diver. In the original version, the scuba diver helmet engraving was hidden on the inside of the caseback, known only to the wearer.
185 years of history
Marking the maison’s 185th anniversary, Jaeger-LeCoultre unveiled a retrospective exhibition of precious timepieces showcasing the manufacture’s prolific history. Since its beginnings, Jaeger-LeCoultre has created over 1200 in-house calibres, many of which have powered the world’s most iconic watches. The specially curated display included rare 19th century Jaeger-LeCoultre watches alongside current pieces from the Master, Reverso and Polaris collections, all transported for the occasion to Venice from the Jaeger-LeCoultre manufacture in Le Sentier in the Vallee de Joux, Switzerland.
Images are available on image.net
Enter the Jaeger-LeCoultre universe on social media and share your moments on #JLCandCinema